I’ve just watched yesterday’s episodes, and I realized something.
Shipping Faberry has always meant two things: hoping for great things, and being disappointed.
But the thing is, it doesn’t matter to me anymore.
This show is over, we won’t get what we want, but, between us, here on Tumblr, on livejournal, on fanfiction.net, on Deviantart… We did. We got what we wanted, because we created it.
We craft our own headcanons everyday, modifying and reshaping what we’re presented into something that we can love and can remember.
We created so many things, and we don’t even realize.
We have our own alternate world where everyone getting in the way of Quinn and Rachel is called Janis Jansen, In our heads, Quinn is a book geek, reads a lot and secretly knows a lot about musicals, and Rachel still has that drive, and her passion never faltered.
We created Rucy, we created JOTKOR, where Quinn smells of gummy bears and she knows every quirky fact about animals and her tongue is often blue, we created SHAFD, where Quinn and Rachel were always meant to be.
We created our own parallel story. Sure, we have different versions of it, but we created it. We put together soundtracks, photosets, drawings, poems, art that inspire us and remind us of them.
We have our own inside jokes, we have our own tiny bubble where Rachel and Quinn have been secretly in love with each other for three years and they meet in the empty classrooms of the school or in the auditorium to kiss or to sing to each other.
We may be called delusional. Sure, go ahead. But no one is ever going to take that away from us, the creative side. The crafting and modeling and reshaping it all to fit our musical tastes, our idea of how Rachel and Quinn really are.
We won poll after poll, because we all love Faberry equally. Because we know exactly how we started liking and loving it. Maybe some of us watched a fan video, some others read a fanfiction, some probably just saw right through the characters and were able to read between the lines.
We are the misfits among the misfits. We are the underdogs of the Glee fandom, together with all of those ships that were never given a chance, together with all of the ships that were denied and neglected, episode after episode, and called “crazies” or “delusionals” by others.
We are the misfits, but we created everything we would have liked to see on the show. We crafted everything from almost scratch.
We may be misfits, but damn proud of being ones.
Dianna Agron’s door.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
The phrases I can read clearly are:
• “DON’T DISCRIMINATE - or else!!!”
• “You again??!?!”
• “Love Love”
• “Hello, is it me you’re looking for? Cause I can see it in your eyes.”
• “For a good time in the shack call”
• “Naya Rivera is a lady after my own heart.” (this looks like it’s been written on white paint, to correct something that was written underneath it)
• “I’m a little” (and then a sketch of a cat)
• “Come on in! You’ll have a good time.”
• “Vissi de l’art” (personally, I think here Dianna mixed up two languages: “vissi” is Italian for “I lived”, “de l’art” is the French for “of art”)
• There’s a hole on the top left side of the door, and someone circled it and wrote: “Used to be a nail!”
• “Life is a physical journey to be the embodiment of love” (it goes on but it’s unreadable)